NAME OF RECIPE:
1 Pound fish
1/2 Cup Dried bread crumbs
1/2 Cup Milk
2 1/2 Cups Mashed potatoes
2 Tbsp Melted butter
1/2 Tsp White pepper
Dash of hot pepper sauce
1/4 Cup Vegetables oil, for frying
2 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Soak the fish in cold water for at least 6 hours or overnight. Change the water at least 3 times.
2. Remove the fish from the water and rinse well. Place it in a saucepan filled with fresh cold water and set it over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Drain the fish and let stand until cool enough to handle.
3. Meanwhile, combine the bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl and let soak.
4. Using a fork, flake the fish, removing any bones, into a large bowl. Add the bread crumb mixture, the potatoes, butter, white pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Mix until well combined.
5. Form the mixture into 2 1/2-inch cakes. Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add as many of the fish cakes as fit comfortably in one layer to the skillet and cook until the cakes are golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
Transfer the cakes as they cook to a warmed platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and fish cakes.
Serve the cakes hot, garnish with the parsley.